Something awful happened yesterday. I was meeting one of my significants in town he called to ask where he could find me – on the spot I answered Borders. He arrived just ten minutes later but it was already too late and I had picked up a massive stack of books. It is the first time I have used a basket in a bookshop it was that bad. I purchased:
- The Watchmen graphic novel (that I tried to get last year but is now suddenly available since the movie trailers started showing)
- The Gothic and Lolita Bible (I had no idea that non-goth lolita was so popular. Also included bonus sewing patterns)
- Red Seas under Red Skies (the sequel to the Lies of Locke Lamora)
- An economics book (for the education of my brain)
- That GMTV Penny Smith book for my mum
- A gift for my partner to calm him down before his job interview
This is what happens when I decide to not spend money for a bit. And now my book pile is mountainous and will probably fall on me causing me to die horribly of crushing injuries and papercuts. If I should die with books unread I will ensure a clause in my will forces someone to read them all.